Do this qigong exercise to keep your spine healthy and reset your energy.
Follow along or scroll below if you’d like to know about the movement in the video 🌻
This is for you if you sit most of the day, have a spinal injury or back pain, low energy levels or feel stiff in your joints. It is also for you if you like to cultivate good energy for a healthy mind and body.
Physical benefits of this movement
- nourish and mobilise the spine
- encourage blood flow
- nourish and lengthen muscles and ligaments
Mental/ Emotional benefits of this movement
- clear & focused mind
- feeling emotionally balanced
Energetic effects of this movement
- opening the centre chanel
- feeling calm, relaxed, energised
Tips for following this video:
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Keep the tailbone annchored towards the ground throughout the movement.
- Articulate the spine joint by joint as your move.
- Reach as far as you comfortably can in each direction.
- Don’t force or strain in any movement. Move to the best of your ability and rannge of mobility.
- Heel raise is optional. Try your best to control the movement with on jumping. If balancing is difficult start with the heels low and as you feel more stable lift higher.
- To advance your practice learn how to access your lower dantien and then apply it to this movement.
If you would like to know more or you are interested in private or group training in qigong you can find a local class on my timetable or enquire about one-to-one sessions through the following links: Class Timetable, One-to-one sessions