Move through this qigong exercise for ultimate spinal health, coordination skills and a moving meditation.
Follow along or scroll below if you’d like to know about the movement in the video 🌻
Physical benefits of this movement
- encourage blood flow
- nourish and lengthen muscles, tendons and ligaments
- mobilise and nourish the spine and all joints
- shoulder health and mobility (recovery from injury)
Mental/ Emotional benefits of this movement
- clear & focused mind
- relief from stress, anxiety & depression
- encouraging deeper mind-body awareness
- training coordination
Energetic effects of this movement
Tips for following this video:
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart & knees soft.
- Keep the tailbone anchored towards the ground.
- Send energy to the fingertips and reach as far as you can.
- Imagine balancing a cup of tea as you spiral. Keep the palm facing up so as not to spill your tea.
- Once you feel comfortable with where to move, add detail and make it smoother.
- To advance your practice learn how to access your lower dantien hereLINK and then apply it to this movement.
If you would like to know more or you are interested in private or group training in qigong you can find a local class on my timetable or enquire about one-to-one sessions through the following links: Class Timetable, One-to-one sessions
#movemuse #calligraphyhealth #qigong #energywork #movingmeditation