Do this qigong exercise to mobilise the spine and energise the body.
Follow along or scroll below if you’d like to know about the movement in the video 🌻
We’ve all hear “use it or lose it”, right? Your spine can move in spiraling movements! With this movement the spinal vertebrae are gently moved in every possible direction allowing synovial fluid to nourish every cell in and around the spine. Practice this movement to alleviate back pain, to counter long periods of sitting or immobility. You might be surprised by how energised and calm you feel afterwards.
Physical benefits of this movement
- nourish and mobilise the spine
- encourage blood flow
- nourish and lengthen muscles and ligaments
- warm up the body to clear toxins
Mental/ Emotional benefits of this movement
- clear & focused mind
- feeling emotionally balanced
- relief from anxiety and stress
Energetic effects of this movement
- grounding your energy
- feeling calm, relaxed, energised
Tips for following this video:
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Keep the tailbone annchored towards the ground throughout the movement.
- Articulate the spine joint by joint as your move.
- Send energy all the way to the finger tips.
- Imagine a resistance in your movement. i.e pushing or pulling something heavy
- Don’t force or strain the movement. Move to the best of your ability and range of mobility.
- To advance your practice learn how to access your lower dantien and then apply it to this movement.
If you would like to know more or you are interested in private or group training in qigong you can find a local class on my timetable or enquire about one-to-one sessions through the following links: Class Timetable, One-to-one sessions